Mossberg patriot

Deer hunter88

Does anyone on here have any experience with the Mossberg patriot? I have been considering buying one chambered in .300 win mag but I would like to hear some thoughts and opinions on the rifle before purchasing one.

I got one in 243 this past winter. Best out of the box shooter I ever saw. Best out of the box trigger I ever saw. Best out of the box bedding I ever saw!

I don't know how much but if I was to get a magnum of any kind, it would have a 24" barrel. Best reason I can think of for a magnum is increased performance. Cut the barrel back to 22" and your gonna lose some of it. 22" is a bit better carrying and for anything on the 308 case 22 is great. I don't have mags anymore but a few on the 30-06 case and for them I like a 24" barrel also.

I have one in 270 Winchester love the love rifle. It wasn't my first choice when i went shopping for a new rifle but walked out with it and have zero complaints.

I bought a Mossberg 4x4 in 30-06 after they were discontinued even though the Patriots were out. I wanted the 24" barrel instead of the 22". I can't even imagine shooting a .300 with anything under a 22" barrel.

I bought a Mossberg 4x4 in 30-06 after they were discontinued even though the Patriots were out. I wanted the 24" barrel instead of the 22". I can't even imagine shooting a .300 with anything under a 22" barrel.
I use to have a Mossberg 4x4 chambered in .300 win mag but I ended up trading it for a 25-06 and now I wish that I hadn't done it, but I've been looking at the Mossberg 4x4 on gun broker but they seem a bit pricey now that they are no longer in production.

I was able to find walnut stocked 4x4s on Grabagun for under $300 a couple of years ago. I wish I would have bought one in 7mm Rem Mag also. I have a Meopro 3.5-10x 44mm on the 30-06 and it's a great combo.

300 Mossberg

I just took my 300 win mag Patriot to the range for the first time a couple of weeks ago and with cheap Prvi Partisan 180's I got it on paper and shot a 1.25 inch group. My shoulder couldn't take anymore than that.12 shots.

I’m awakening an old thread, but I just picked up a patriot predator 6.5 creedmoor for my wife, and man is it a sweet shooter. Mounted a Redfield Revolution 3-9x50 on it. If they made left handed version in 300 win mag or WSM I would buy one for myself in a heart beat. Best bang for the $ rifle currently available imo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got my boys a Mossberg Patriot Synthetic Vortex Scoped Combo in .270 WIN.

< $400 - good glass and very nice shooting < 2 MOA utility rifles.

And yes, the triggers are sweet.

Red

They are solid rifles, but they really need longer barrels for their magnum calibers.

Having owned both 7mm and .300 Win Mags, a 24” or 26” barrel is what you want. 22” is a bit short in my opinion.

Back