Mossberg Patriot

deerslayer303

Anybody have or have experience with one? I'm looking to get a Rifle in 30-06. The Patriot comes in good old American Walnut. Seems to get good tube reviews. But I would like to hear from my TFL brethren.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Mine in 30-06 shot pretty well, some loads it liked better than others.

A word to the wise, though... There is a plastic insert in the stock that aids in bedding and holds the magazine. If you tighten the stock screws too much, this insert will exert spreading pressure on the thinnest part of the stock which can cause it to crack or break. Get the stock screws moderately tight and use thread-locker, and all will be well.

Unless you plan to glass bed the action or mess with the trigger, you are much better off to leave it in the stock.

Timney makes a trigger listed for the Mossberg 4x4 which will work in the Patriot. The factory trigger is OK though, I decided to stick with it.

The best accuracy I got was sub-MOA, using 150 grain bullets and a starting load of Varget.

I got my son one in .243Win. It is a shooter. Not the nicest we have by any stretch, but it works very well.

Back