mossberg patriot night trainin 308

jcolon95

I found a package deal on the Mossberg patriot in 308 with a scope 4-16x50, bipod, and muzzle brake for around $564. is that a good deal, has any one shot this rifle and what problems have you encountered?

Couple months back, GUNS magazine had a feature article on the Patriot model in 25-06 that was very complementary. Great accuracy, function, and fit & finish. But I'd choose the .308 version as well because better selection of good affordable ammo and great performance on big game animals. The .308 has moderate recoil yet hits animals hard.

Jack

I bought my son one in .243Win. Accurate and inexpensive. He shot his Pronghorn at 500 yards with it a few months ago. Probably get another in .30-06 for the other son.

No problems at all. Can't comment on the optic other than to say most package deal optics are ones I would give away.

16X(Mossberg doesn't say who made the scope. Does say the 4x-16x equipped rifle doesn't come with a brake.) is too much magnification for relatively light barreled a .308. Doesn't need a muzzle brake or a bipod either. All of which can easily and relatively inexpensively 'fixed'(not that it's broken).
However, $564 isn't too bad for an oddly equipped hunting rifle. MSRP is $640.00.
"...most package deal optics..." Savage has stopped using the serviceable but low end Simmons they used to use. Using Nikons and Weavers now. Probably for your very reason.

Well mossberg has the patiot night train 300 win mag rifle with a 6-24x50 scope , muzzle brake , and cheek raiser. The same for the . 308 except the scope is 4-16. The $564.00 is LE price. But I heard it had a bedding problem which I think mossberg has fixed. I am waiting for mossberg to respond with an answer.

Yeah, the point I was making is that it is impossible to evaluate how good a deal something is without knowing the cost of the optic.

Consider the price of the package. Optic can't be all that great. However, I will say the weaver Kaspa scope on the savage axis is a decent "package" scope
I think the package is at least worth the price. Can always upgrade the scope if it's not suitable to your needs

Back