Mossberg model88

gbc123

The gun is well used. It has problems picking up the next shell out the mag every so often. I can't find any signs of wear on the plates only some pitting in the barrel, what should I be looking for?

I polished it all and relaxed the spring... I really have to be adament with my pump to make sure of a load... Its a $200 gun so no miracles expected. Has anyone else had similar problems (has over 4000 rounds through it) and found whatever I'm overlooking?

Is the next shell not being released from the mag tube, or is it not coming fully out onto the carrier?
These are two different problems, with different causes.

I would say that a shell stop needs some adjusting. It will be the stop that releases the shell onto the carrier, and not the one that holds back the next round.

Yes, using the 500 diagram, which is the same, they are called the cartridge stop (39), and the cartridge interrupter (40). Each are on opposite sides of the receiver.

I don't think it'll be that bad, and both parts are pretty cheap from Mossberg. I would think that the tip of the one could be polished a little, or bent, to where it will release the shell easier.

I'm sorry, I should have made it clear I polished it and its housing. The gun cycles great now and I am confident enough in the weapon that it is back under the bed as my secondary home defence plan

Back