Mossberg MC1sc ??

Wheelie_Fan

I've been considering a semi-auto and the Mossberg MC1sc has caught my attention recently. I'm in CT, so monstrous capacity mags are thing of the past.. we're limited to 10 rounds. With a 7+1 capacity in their "extended" mag that is available, plus the fact that it accepts G43 magazines, which does expand your capacity options, i'm considering it for EDC

I liked the look of the Mossberg, and it felt great in my hand. A bit of an unusual take-down procedure, compared to other semi-autos I've owned... but not a deal breaker.

I realize it is a pretty recent contestant in a fairly crowded field and there is no game changing technology involved... That said, I did like the flat trigger, as supplied from the factory, and it does seem to be manufactured of fairly high quality parts... fit and finish looked good on the example I held.

Since there is nothing on this forum that is all that recent (and maybe there's a reason for that) I thought i'd inquire and see if anyone out there.

A. Owns the MC1sc
B. Finds it to be of good quality, feel, and accuracy
C. Currently is using it for EDC

Thanks!

There were several magazine tests and all were favorable. Reliability and excellent accuracy were often mentioned.

If I get another compact 9mm the Mossberg is on my short list.

These things must be as rare as hens teeth. If i find one, i'll buy it and let y'all know how it performs once i've run it a while. Cheers!

These things must be as rare as hens teeth. If i find one, i'll buy it and let y'all know how it performs once i've run it a while. Cheers!

They're definitely out there. I've seen them in stores.

Like the OP, I'd like to see real end user reviews. Gunrag reviews have to be read very carefully.

Last edited:
Personally, I'm in with the crowd who feels that if you are restricted by law to a magazine capacity of ten rounds, then it makes the the most sense to carry a .40 or a .45, so if it were me then I would sooner opt for an M&P45 Shield/Compact or a Glock 36/30S.
Ah, but then again, I'm bound by no such restrictions, yet I choose to carry a .40 anyway, so I'm a bit biased.

Yeah, yeah... I know, the FBI says there's no meaningful difference in performance between the 9mm and .45 ACP, but a bigger hole is a bigger hole, and bigger, heavier bullets hit harder, so that's why I prefer .40 S&W/.45 ACP to 9mm Luger.

That being said, the Mossberg MC1sc is an excellent clone of the Glock 43 which costs less yet seems to be every bit its equal, so if you're sold on carry a 9mm, then it's an excellent choice that should suit your needs well.

I had a Carpal tunnel operation on my right wrist last year but my wrist is still quite sore and I’m not going any bigger than 9mm for now.

My Ruger SR9c is a soft shooter but my son’s Glock 26 kills my wrist. I can’t stand guns that are so small you can’t get three fingers on the grip for control.
Some guns like my SR9c include a pinkie extension and I use them.

My Taurus Millennium PT111 G2 has the same size slide as the Glock 26 nut holds 12 rounds in a grip that fits my hand. I paid about 200 bucks for the Taurus which means I could get at least two of them for the price of one Glock.

The Mossberg is more compact and I like the looks but want to see how well it feels in my hand before I get breathless over buying one.

Attachments

• 52230D8D-35F1-4D66-9B15-319E2F764AD1.jpeg
    52230D8D-35F1-4D66-9B15-319E2F764AD1.jpeg
    214.6 KB · Views: 21
Back