Mossberg forearm help-please

pmglock

I have a Mossberg 8 shot Persauder with the slippery-rounded two-by-four wooden forearm and I want to replace it. I have a Mossberg OEM grooved plastic forearm and a Choate forearm and neither of these can be assembled over the metal forearm tube. I have a 6-shot model 500 that will accept either one. The threads on the 6-shot tube are internal, on the 8-shot external. If anyone understands what I'm trying to ask please respond.

Thanks,
pm

Let me see if I understand you.... the forearm tube for the Persuader is threaded on the INSIDE to accept the forearm retaining nut? Is the problem that the forearm tubes for these two models are of a different diameter and you can't fit the forend for the 6-shot onto the 8-shot's forearm tube? I always thought they were the same for the 500 sporter and the persuader/cruiser models.

Thanks for the reply. Evidently Mossberg uses or has used two different styles of forearm tubes. Until I tried to change this one I had never seen one like it. One is threaded on the inside of the tube and the other is threaded on the outside. As a result I can't use any other forearm to replace the wooden one that is currently on it (which is like a flat, slick 2x4). Was hoping somebody might have had a similiar problem and could advise me.

Thanks,
pm

It's a model 500, 7 round magazine, 20in. rifle sighted barrel with wood stock. Purchased about 3 years ago new.

pm

Back