Mossberg/Duck Commander ? ?

hootey

"Mossberg/Duck Commander fall 2013"
This is the now on the Mossberg website:confused:. Anyone know anything or heard any believable rumors? Just wondering if the good ole folks at Mossberg are coming out with a new line that will make us all "Happy Happy Happy?":eek:

Last edited:
Likely just a contract deal where regular gun models will get "special" laser engraved logo on the receiver and may even come with a special sticker on the stock... all for an added 25-35% on the MSRP...

Much like the "special" blackwater badged guns...:rolleyes:

Gotta love them for trying to be on the forefront of marketing whatever hype is selling today...

And I swear they had one shotgun that had a weedeater handle on it...

Brent

That was a chainsaw handle. Ever so much more manly than a weedeater.

What I can't figure out from the picture on Mossberg's site is how yer sposta use the white dot sight while holding the chainsaw handle... :rolleyes:

Sorry Vanya... That is what Mossberg would lead their "Manly" tacticool buyers to believe...

But here is your average chainsaw "handle"...
$%28KGrHqZ,!nwFG1PiWj9YBRwsiTomSQ~~60_35.JPG

And here is an image of a replacement weedeater handle...
$%28KGrHqZHJE0FEq4VI,teBRLwn8CKK!~~60_35.JPG

Hopefully this tidbit of truth won't hurt their bottom line too much though... I know that "manly" demographic is highly sought after...:D

Brent

....and I thought I saw a few episodes where Willie was toting a Glock....maybe he and Gunny R. Lee Ermey should team up?....

So heres how it goes, duck commander gets paid boatloads to let mossberg put their name/logo on the receiver, duck commander has absolutely nothing to do with the shotgun except releasing their name to mossberg, mossberg increases their margins on every shotgun sold with the duck commander name because it has the duck commander name and people are willing to pay a higher price because they saw it on tv and assume it must be better. And duck dynasty will suddenly be flooded with mossberg firearms the next season too, because as the line on the show will say "they just shoot better"

Si is always carrying around an old Marlin 60 with a scope on it too. I think they shoot what they like and are owned by no one.

So heres how it goes, duck commander gets paid boatloads to let mossberg put their name/logo on the receiver, duck commander has absolutely nothing to do with the shotgun except releasing their name to mossberg,

Does this mean that Ted Williams didn't design the shotgun I bought at Sears? Say it ain't so....;)

HEY! Good for the Robertson's. Living the American dream and making money. If Mossberg wants to pay them to slap their name on a 500, good. I hope they sell a boatload of them. I won't buy one, but I'm always glad to see someone making money. If you would pay me to put my name on a pair of pink panties I'd say OK!

"Duck Dynasty" is proof of what can happen to a good idea. They started out with an idea to make a better duck call and look where they are now! I hope they have some input into this project other than putting their name on something. Hey, put out a nice, well made, 06 or 250 or a nice 6.5, I might purchase one. Everyone needs a nice 06 in the cabinet, maybe two?:cool:

Hey, three Tetleys tea bags, one green tea bag, and gallon glass jug of water out in the sunshine for about five or six hours. Add one quarter cup suger and stir real well. Serve in quart mason jars filled with ice. Makes for some mighty fine Sun-Tea. Of course, I do not live in Lousiana. I do however, have a second cousin that retired in west Monroe Louisiana, he loves it. Always inviting me down to go fishing. I need to get down there and go!:cool:

I was watching a rerun of the episode tonite where Willie is trying to lose weight for a school reunion and Si needs to get a new hunting dog for hunting doves.

Both Phil and Jase were using Browning A5's.

Si was using the sponsor's gun. There were several closeups showing the gun, side view, bottom view, closeup view. They were fulfilling their obligations to the sponsor on that show.

Si was using the sponsor's gun. There were several closeups showing the gun, side view, bottom view, closeup view. They were fulfilling their obligations to the sponsor on that show.

If you're talking the Poodle scene, better look again, pretty sure that was a Beretta.

Back