Mossberg 930 will not fire in semi auto

Kingcuda

Inactive
Bought a used 930 today and when I tried it out I found that it will not fire repeatedly. I load it chamber a round then fire but then nothing happens when u pull the trigger a second time. I found that I have to put the safety on then back to fire to fire the next round and I have to do that between every shot. It seems like the safety engages after every shot but the saftey switch remains on fire at all times. What do you all think

"...should have a 10 year warranty..." Two years 'Limited Warranty' and only for the original buyer.
You really need to take the thing back where you bought it. Assuming you bought it in a shop. Trigger's not resetting properly (isn't really a semi vs not thing) and that should have been noticed and fixed or at least mentioned. Might be a busted spring, a busted sear or the like.
Manual is here. Removing the trigger assembly is on Page 13. At least you'll be able to see if anything is obviously broken.
http://www.mossberg.com/customer-service/owners-manuals/

Mine did the same thing when I bought it.
They replaced the barrel.
Then it ran perfectly fine. With the dozen or so loads I had handy.
And I sold it.
Mostly because I just had a terrible time communicating with their customer service people.

I fixed the problem.. seems the trigger assembly was just dirty and the hammer wasnt resetting properly. It had nothing to do with the safety the gun just needed a little bumb to reset the hammer fully. I disassembled the trigger assembly cleaned everything up and all works good now. I did not buy the gun from a shop I actually got it from a private seller on armslist and he said he knew nothing about the issue. I paid 450 for it and even though I had to give it a good cleaning i still think I made out pretty good on it.

Yes I learned that. This was actually my first time buying a used gun everything els has been new. It didnt look that dirty and they guy said he was shooting it 2 weeks ago so I assumed it should work without problems.

Back