Mossberg 930 spx

1goodshot

Well took my new shot gun to the range today, it cycled a total of 2 times out of around 50 shots. Most of the failures were failure to extract. These were with some old low brass bird shot so Im going to clean to again and try it with some buck shot.
Kind of dissapointed, I think it should have worked right out of the box after a good clean and lube with any ammo.

You won't be truly dissapointed until you deal with their customer service. I will probably not purchase another Mossberg after my experience with their CS department on mine. Came to me with no front sight and the elevator incorrectly installed. I called expecting to get a pretty quick response on such blatant mistakes. On several calls it seem they could care less. About the best I got was "send it in and we will look at it."

Last edited:
These guns should run with birdshot, but some people need to run heavier loads through for around 100 rounds first.

Also, did you clean and lube it before you shot it?

Regarding their customer service, I have found them to be extraordinarily slow, but good overall. They need to tighten up their quality control though.

Back