Mossberg 88 - Spare Shotgun Shell Side Saddles

I own a Mossberg Maverick 88 and I am looking to buy one of those 6-round shotgun shell holders that you affix to the left hand side of your receiver. I see various brands available including AIM, Tacstar and Cytac. They can run anywhere from $13 to $29 on eBay. I’ve contacted a few of the sellers on eBay. One sold a model for the Mossberg 500 but he gave me some wishy-washy answers as to whether it might fit the Maverick 88. Was wondering if someone who has actually installed one of these to a Mossberg 88 can speak from personal experience? The installations I see on Youtube look simple enough, it’s just a matter of whether the holes line up.

Last edited:
the tac-star one works good on my Maverick 88....took it off my Mossberg 500 because I re-configured it.

the Maverick 88 is the economy version of the Mossberg 500.....both made by the same company.

for a pistol grip shotgun I prefer the 88 over the 500 because of the location of the safety. for a stocked shotgun I prefer the 500 because of the tang mounted safety.

Back