Mossberg 702 Plinkster Aftermarket Tactical Folding Stock

I'd send it back. They advertise the thing as 'drop in'. Might be that they sent you the wrong stock.
https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/category/customer-service/return-policy.do
Using a rotary tool isn't difficult, but it takes a light touch so it doesn't damage anything. They're kind of easy to get away from control. An actual Dremel(being a brand name like Kleenex) tool is an expensive thing to buy for a one time job too. So are the assorted attachments/tooling. Mind you, Home Depot shows a basic cordless tool with just 6 accessories for $18.84.
Anyway, try it before you do anything. Since it's supposed to be drop in, it might just fit without fiddling with it. The way is supposed to.
What you'd be doing is removing any high spots. Put in on without tightening the screws and see if it wobbles or moves. Then tighten the screws and look at the barrel channel to see if the stock touches the barrel anywhere. Run a dollar bill under the barrel to the chamber to check there. The buck should, um, not stop(sorry. Couldn't resist.) until it gets to the chamber area.
Then look at the receiver fit. No odd sized or obvious pressure signs/points anywhere.
Then fold out the stock and shoot it off a bench. You're looking to see how it shoots and if there are any cycling issues(rub spots) with the new stock.
You'll probably have to try a box of as many brands as you can again. A new stock is basically a new rifle.

I'll second T. O'Heir,,,

It is advertised as a drop-in,,,
Since it doesn't drop-in,,,
I would return it.

Now having said that,,,
I own a Plinkster,,,
I'm tempted. :p

Aarond

I've been thinking about a replacement stock for mine and this folding stock setup looks good. Hope things get straightened out for you.

I've seen a lot of Bubbaed guns from Dremil tools. I have several of them and a
small industrial die grinder. I have rechargable model which is a joke for serious
work, but safest for beginners. It doesn't have enough torque to do instant damage when it "jumps" in beginners hands. If problem is barrel channel you are better off with dowel and sand paper by hand if you are going to keep it. Like
anything else, you can aways take off a little more. Putting a little back is not so
simple.

Thanks for the replies. I'm going to have to get all the boxing and stuff back out and make sure I have it all. :(

It actually is a "drop-in". I had set it off to the side but after checking in here, I decided to re-examine it. There's a bolt underneath the grip cap. It does drop-in (here it is with aftermarket 25rd mag):

DSC00664 2.jpg

:)

Now what I can't figure out is why their customer service person I chatted with online told me I had to have a gunsmith "tool" it to fit the 702, is what I'm trying to figure out...:confused:

Whose customer service rep,,,

Now what I can't figure out is why their customer service person I chatted with online told me I had to have a gunsmith "tool" it to fit the 702, is what I'm trying to figure out...

Whose customer service rep,,,
Mossberg or Cheaper then Dirt?

Glad you found where the problem was,,,

Aarond

P.S. I think I'll stick with the original stock on mine,,,

Back