Mossberg 64M-B question.

snowman748

Ok, my future father-in-law showed me a rifle that he says is really old, it was picked up in a pawn shop back in the mid 70s. It's a "Mossberg 64 M-B". It looks like an old bolt action tube fed gun. It's in pretty rough shape (I know pictures are everything but I didn't get any) but I'm pretty sure he wants to restore it. My question is would it be worth it? I've bought several old 22LRs and seems they really don't have much if any resale value.

This Mossberg has a cracked stock, the rear sight is missing the ramp, the front sight is also gone and looks like it's been replaced with a screw that someone cut the head off. There are also some cracks in the trigger guard around the mounting screws.

Seems to me the best option would be to just clean it and try to mount a scope to it and use it as a shooter. I know the receiver has some holes in the side of it but it's so dirty I couldn't tell if they were threaded or not. I've looked online and can't seem to find any info anywhere.

I have a Mossberg 46 that I was gifted, and it's the most accurate .22 I own. It doesn't look like much, but it shoots really well.

Back