Mossberg 590A1 follows me home

Ned Roundtree

Forgive me Remington 870 Marine Magnum, she followed me home. So the wife says, I need my own HD shotgun. You are always running off with the MM, side saddle,scattergun ghost rings to play three gun. Leaving me with only a pistol. Next time you wheel n deal make mine a HD shotgun. So the wife speaks I obey. Sold another pistol, part cash and part my pick of a shotgun. He had two 870s with plenty of wear and apparent home gunsmithing and a 590A1 with only a little wear. Uh, Take your pick of a shotgun, I never shot any of them, he said. Yeah, right I thought. But a little judicious cleaning and the Mossberg 590A1 could pass for almost new. Adding a side saddle with four, couldn't find any sixes, to the speed stock with four capacity makes eight in reserve to the six in the HD tool. A woman with an 18 1/2" heavy barrel, ghost ring sighted, 12 shells of #4 and #00 and two rifled slugs HD tool is a woman not to be fooled with. My wife was plainly happy but looked confused. Cute little gun but why didn't you get me a side saddle with six?, she said.

Count your blessings, Ned. An exceptional woman has blessed you with her presence. I forgive you for going with the Mossy(G).

A small caveat. Make sure the stock fits her. Length and drop are important,and for many women, the toe of the stock needs a little rounding off for max comfort and effectiveness.

Back