Mossberg 500 value

bspillman

I have a 500A that I have had for a while it has a lot of rounds through it. I want to sell it to help off set the cost of a pistol but want an idea as to what it's worth before listing it. I have replaced the mag spring and secondary shell stop unit because it was starting to malfunction. It works like new now and u had the gun smith chop the bbl to 20 inches and install the beed. It has some ware but wood is in great shape. What do y'all think is a fair price? Thanks.

Around me, used 500s that are still mechanically sound but show a little bit of honest wear are going for about $175ish.

IMO, a cut barrel w/no choke isn't honest wear; it's an alteration that not all prospective buyer would be happy with.

I agree with the $125-$150 estimate in a private sale. A dealer would maybe give you $100, and some might not want it at all, since they are so common in the used market. Good gun, but common.

Just bought a brand new 12 ga 500 has a deer slug barrell too, is rifled to boot,cost me 200.00

God damn, thats unheard of. I just got a 500 for $290 without the extra barrel, and most other places I looked was about $20-30 more. I cant complain though, the one I got has a parkerized barrel and tube, and a flat black reciever, I much prefer it over the shiny blued.

Back