Mossberg 500 Chainsaw with top handle

ATN082268

Does anyone know about the Mossberg 500 Chainsaw shotgun with top handle? I was especially curious about the effectiveness of the top handle. Thank you.

The chainsaw handle is for door breaching, along with a serrated muzzle break it is a nice combination.

50460_chainsaw.jpg

I take it that's the gun you were looking at.

I really don't see much point to the chainsaw handle. Awkward to aim, awkward to pump, can't imagine it's really any better as a door breacher than a standard PGO Mossberg, and then once you breach the door the standard shotgun will still atleast be a good CQB weapon.

It would be cool on a semi-automatic Saiga with a drum mag so you can atleast do some awesome looking hip-fire mag dumps. But on a pump-gun, you'd just look stupid.

The only saving grace is if you want a short, tactical Mossberg and this is the only thing in stock at the store, atleast you can buy it and take the handle off.

utube has plenty of info on it:
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=mossberg+chainsaw+shotgun&sm=3

Way back when guys were posting up pics of tactikool firearms with all the bling hanging off them I decided to modify a grass weedeater handle just to see if I could, as a joke. Well, I fooled a few people with that. The funny thing is the darn thing would probably work for real with a little more work. Never went thru with the project as I didn't have a forend to sacrifice.
100_1779JPGedit.jpg
100_1778JPGedit.jpg
100_1782.jpg

Last edited:
Bothe the Ebay one and the Mossberg handle are just rail-mounted so it will fit on any gun with an underside rail on it.

Put one on a Stoeger Double Defense and the universe might just implode on itself from the derp. :p

Back