mossberg 500 barrels on a h&r?

old fart

i posted on a facebook group recently about looking for a h&r protector barrel. a guy told me that mossberg 500 barrels fit the h&r without mods. is this true? thanks

I'm pretty sure that the H&R Protector/Pardner shotguns are a Remington 870 clone. In that case, an 870 barrel should fit, but NOT a Mossberg barrel as the Remington and Mossberg barrel attachment systems are totally different and incompatible.

I've never owned an H&R Protector/Pardner, so my input is based on a quick Google search (and what I remember reading in gun magazines), but I'm fairly (99.98%0 sure I'm right.

Papershotshells

A Remington barrel will not fit an H&R Pardner pump either. (Some have made a sleeve to allow it.)

The bolt will lock up correctly though......

I don't recommend the sleeve approach.

A Remington barrel will not fit an H&R Pardner pump either. (Some have made a sleeve to allow it.)

The bolt will lock up correctly though......

I don't recommend the sleeve approach.

The H&R Pardner Pump is a clone of the Remington 870. The barrels will interchange except for the ring that slips over the magazine tube. The H&R is a 5 shot. The Remington in general are either 4 or 6 shot. So the rings are placed in different locations since they have to be at the end of the mag tube to be tightened down by the endcap. To use a 4-shot 870 barrel on a Pardner Pump (can't use the 6-shot barrels) You need to make a spacer that slips over the magazine tube and sits between the endcap and the barrel ring. Endcap, presses on the spacer, spacer presses on the barrel ring and everything works just fine.

Here's a guide:
http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?79948-Pardner-Pump-870-Barrels

BTW, Mossberg does manufacture 870 barrels. Made to be used on 870s. A 500 or 590 barrel obviously will not work on an 870 or Pardner Pump.

Back