Mossberg 152 K Barrel and disassembly

SBLars

Well, I have a Mossberg 152K .22lr rifle that has a split barrel. I think I have found a source for a barrel, but if anyone has one I would appreciate knowing about it for possible purchase.

But my real need is: How is the barrel attached to the receiver in the 152K? Does anyone have a diagram?

It should be the same as the 152 if you happen to have one of those. I believe the only difference between the 152 and the 152K was the type of sight.

Thanks

As a question, How in the dickens did you split the barrel?:eek:
The reason I ask is that the 152 that I am looking at has one thick walled barrel.

I didn't personally split the barrel, and the person who did never actually fessed up to it, so I don't know exactly how it split.

But, it almost looks like there was a squib in the barrel when another round (or more) was sent on its way.

If you are holding the rifle in an aim position, then the split is about 6 inches down the barrel at about 2 o'clock. There is a bulge at the site of the split that extends around the barrel.

I found a barrel, but since I have not heard from anyone on how to replace the barrel, I will have to ask my local smith if he can do it for me. The replacement barrel needs to be blued anyway, so I will have everything re-blued at the same time since I need a smith to rebarrel it.

Back