Mossberg 100 ATR 30.06

reconseed

I bought one of these a few weeks ago and had been meaning to join a good firearms forum online, but with ROTC and garduate school, it has been... tough, to say the LEAST. Sorry for my 3 posts all together here gentlemen but I have been wanting to get some feedback on these topics..

Mossberg 100 ATR 30.06
I was checking out at walmart a few weeks ago in the sporting goods section, buying a light bulb. I happened to look up and saw this beautiful little rifle and had to look at it after seeing the price of $244.00!!! I checked it out and ended up buying it! I was out the door with 40 rounds of ammo, the gun check paid, and a case for $303.00! I love the mossberg line of weapons and have owned them in the past but this was the first rifle i have owned by the company. I think that this is going to be a great tough deer hunter season in and out, that i wont have to worry about dinging up when walking into my stand or climbing up the tree into my treestand.. the rifle looks great and fires flawlessly... by no means a top of the line rifle but as far as reliability and toughness, i think i may have a great rifle!!!!!! Anyone else own this rifle?

I was drooling at the same gun at wal mart today. I read an article about them and the improvements ofer the first gen.

All reviews I've read are positive - seems to be a good value. But long-term reliability has not yet been tested. True that you won't worry about dinging it. It's imported by Mossberg; made in Argentina, IIRC.

I havn't ever shot a Mossberg rifle...

but I have fired my friends Mossberg pump gun many times. If it is half as reliable as their shotguns then you made a steal. Good luck and good hunting!

no that is false... the gun is MADE IN AMERICA! the bolt, receiver, and stock say MADE IN AMERICA.

if you were drooling over it, do what i did. BUY IT. hell i was buying a light bulb in the sporting goods dept. and ended up walking out of the store with the manager!!!

Back