Mosin Trigger – Thoughts?

Josh Smith

rollertrigger.jpg

The pin serves as a roller bearing.

The design cannot be patented as the Finns were doing something very similar back in '39.

What do you think? I have one set up on my personal Mosin and it feels like the second stage of a two-stage K98's pull, but smoother.

Regards,

Josh

Have you compared it to the pull of a the Finnish M39? It looks very similar for sure, but if you can replicate performance then you might have a winner.
I was able to source an M39 trigger for my scout rifle Mosin for $40 shipped from Gunbroker, and that included the trigger spring (which if I recall correctly is a slightly different profile vs the Russian Mosin). Your price point of $50 for the trigger alone might be slightly high if trying to compete against surplus M39 triggers...

I had an M39 trigger on my PU, but I wasn't happy with it. I was thinking about trying yours, but at $50, I will try to get the M39 right first.

Johnny,

$50 is the starting point. I was advised to not undersell myself.

This is basically an M39 trigger without the two-stage pull.

If you'd like to talk to me about what's going on with your M39 trigger, I'll be more than happy to help out. I've done those two-stage triggers as well and know what the effects of the different pin locations and different sear bends do.

I would guess you're releasing on the first stage. Is this right or wrong?

Josh

I understand, I just have to do the Cost/Benefit analysis for myself. I'm sure it's worth it, just not for me, at this time.
Thanks for the offer of help, I'll probably contact you when I get back into the rifle this summer.

Back