mosin recoil pad

rifleman8

Anybody here use a slip on recoil pad on their Mosin? I want to lengthen the LOP and that seems to be the easiest way. What brands/models will fit?

In hot weather, when I was shooting M44s and M91s alot, I used an old oversized slip-on, just to save my shoulder. I finally broke down and bought a "made for Mosin" pad. It definately adds LOP and buffer your shoulder; better than a steel butt plate! When my round count went down, I took it off.

I use a medium Buttler Creek slip on. It adds length of pull, and offers some padding between the metal butt plate, and my bony shoulder. Price was about $15 at Academy.

Go to Walmart and get the winchester (limbsaver) slip on recoil pad, size small. It fits the mosin perfect, and it tames the beast very nicely.

"Mosin" "recoil pad"
I better check the DNS servers because I thought this was a GUN forum, not the panty-waisted girlie man shooters forum. :D:D:D (My apologizes to any ladies present).

"Mosin" "recoil pad"
I better check the DNS servers because I thought this was a GUN forum, not the panty-waisted girlie man shooters forum. (My apologizes to any ladies present).

If you read my post I need it to extend the LOP, not to reduce recoil. The rifle is too short for my big, manly arms. :D

Back