mosin question

stillborn

I am getting the mosin bug again.. I gave my m38 to my buddy a year or two ago. Now its like i HAVE to replace it with a 91/30. I have been looking at some online and am wondering if yall have had better luck with J&G or AIM Surplus. They both have the Hex and round receivers and both say they will "hand pick". J&G says they will pick out a better bore for a little more. But I don't know if that means nice and shiny or just less pitted. What do yall think?

Thanks

The last one I bought was a 1929 hex with all matching numbers and a great bore. I got it from JG Sales for 69.00+ shipping+ transfer. still a good price.

I've bought several C&R rifles from AIM (to include a round 91/30) and had very good services from them. I didn't use their hand-select service but all the rifles were in VG+ shape or better (as advertised).

Just got one from AIMS VGC $69.95++, it was made in 1942 so it might have seen war.

Much better than the local ones are. And the bore is excellent. Shines like a mirror.

Bought my Hex receiver Mosin from Aim two years ago. I didn't have it hand picked however was in excellent condition when I unwrapped it. Looked like it just came from the Tula Arms Plant.

Back