mosin nagant

I agree, no scope needed! Plenty of fun with out one.

If you decide to put a scope on, get a repro PU. Everything else just looks out of place.

They are very fun to shoot!!

Antique Shooter

Try here for scopes and mounts.
www.tickbitesupply.com

They have long eye relief scopes and rail mounts that all you have to do is remove the pin from the rear sight, remove rear sight and install the rail mount. If you must have a scope this is the easiest for one to do at the kitchen table. No drilling no fuss no muss.

Every long eyw relief scope rail that I've seen that was made from Aluminum got wallered out and became loose after just 20 or 30 rounds. A siderail scope mount is much superior, barring that, try to find a steel rail.

I'm not a fan of LER pistol scopes on rifles...
I used a Weaver #1 Side Mount. Not "designed" for the MN, but worked perfectly.

Most go with the mount from Rock Solid Industries, or if you want a good alternative that does not require drill & tap, go with a JMeck mount.

Everything else just looks out of place.

Not on a sporter!

IMAG0583.jpg

Last edited:
What would be fun, if you can get some buddies together that have mosins, get a spam can for each of you and go out to the range and have a fun day. Blasting pumpkins/melons, etc... :)

For how cheap they are, there's really no reason to NOT own one. :)

I'm really not a fan of sporterized Mosins, but that one there looks pretty sexy.

The ATI scope mount kit works well in my experience. Costs me about 25$ to have the holes drilled and tapped.

DSC_0981-1.jpg

Just make sure you get a fabricated bolt handle turn down, and not the screw on one that comes with the kit.

Awesome.jpg

Yes, I got my PU Sniper turndown handle from buymilsurp.com and they did a superior job on it- they also made a decent sporter conversion as well.

Back