Mosin Nagant Stock Replacement

Hey everyone, new guy here, I just picked up this new stock for my beat up old Mosin:

http://tinyurl.com/mosinstock

Anyways, it doesnt seem to fit very well and according the instructions will need some modification with a dremel. Has anyone ever done this before and or have any tips to completing this?

Thanks!

Tips...

Blackburn 2413--First: PROCEED SLOWLY!!! It's much easier to Dremel off material than it is to replace it!

That said, I'd have been happier if you'd spent twice as much on a wood-laminate stock, rather than one which appears to be moulded plastic. However, we deal with reality, not with the un-realized ideal, so...

What you want is called Stock Inletting Black or Inletting Gold. You apply it to the rifle action, and attempt to seat the rifle in the stock. The color rubs off on the offending parts of the stock, and you carefully carve away where the color rubbed off. Then repeat as necessary.

Brownell's carries the stuff: www.brownells.com The black is $8.20 and the gold is $12.49 in my out-of-date Brownell's catalogue; probably more currently. You use black for light-colored stocks and gold for dark stocks.

Anyhow, good luck and have fun. And welcome to the forum! :)

Back