Mosin Nagant Sight

Zalovar

Inactive
Hello,
I had a question regarding my Mosin Nagant 91/30 sight. I removed the rear sight to put a scope on but decided that I wanted to put the old sight back on. However, I have been unable to get it on. Is there some trick or specific way to be able to push the curved metal piece down and get the bolt for the sight back in? I'm tried many times (and had several other people try) to line it up but it's near impossible. Is there perhaps a tool that could help?

Thanks,

Zal

sight

The pin that was in the sight may go into the sight in only one way. It would be the exact reverse of how it was removed - the same side that it came out of and the same end of the pin going in first as came out last.
If that's the problem. Have you tried lining the parts up with a smaller diameter pin punch through the holes and then pressing the retaining pin in (and the pin punch out) once the parts are lined up?
Pete

i am currently having the same problem i am going to try to get a a small allen wrench and line the hole up partially and wedge the allen wrench in some so i can take a break from pushing the spring then im gonna try to line it. i dont know if it will work

Back