Mosin Nagant scope mount

1johned

Inactive
I am going to sporterize two MN's. I am having trouble settling on a scope mount type/model/?. My criteria is 1. No long eye relief scout. 2. scope must be mounted low to the action so I can see thru the scope with my cheek welded to the stock. The OE snyper mount seemed to hold the scope really high from the action. 3. I want the scope to be a quick mount with repeatability. Some of the mil models seem to be stout enuf for that but I have no experience and with drilling holes and all I don't want to discover the "right" setup thru trial and error. 4. Must take scope rings so I can use my modern scopes.

tobnpr seems to have the setup I want but I haven't been able to get a hold of him.

I have seen a Manlicher with what I think is the "best" setup ever. It was a side mount and the mount was centered on the exposed bolt. It reached up in a overly wide "V" and might have been a quick disconnect but I couldn't see that feature.

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks,

John

I believe this should fit your criteria:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CHBuiBkQlo
A side mounted scope mount is currently under development which would allow for a straight bolt to be used with scopes up to 30mm (tube) with 50mm bells along with the possibility of loading stripper clips. I will be posting a video of that once we have finished the R&D.

Back