Mosin Nagant Scope/Mount options

troopcom

Guys I just bought my first Mosin Nagant 91/30 rifle and was wondering if anyone here had experience with putting a scope on it. I'm sort of a purist and I do not want to permenantly alter the rifle. I saw Nutnfancy on youtube put a Brass Stacker mount on his and I liked it, but wanted other opinions. Also what is the bet pistol or long eye relief scope options. I don't want to put an arm and a leg into a $120.00 rifle either, but I want something that will hold a zero.

There's a "scout" mount that replaces the rear sight. I have one and it works well with an inexpensive 2X pistol scope. Removing the mount and replacing the original sight is no problem.

I have an S&K scout mount and a Burris 4x pistol scope old model (trying to look a little vintage). Not expensive and very happy with them.... Best wishes.-

ATI mount on my m44. Requires drilling and tapping of the receiver, as well as the bolt. If I had to do it again I would go for a scout type mount. However, this is SOLID and I havn't heard any criticism from any whitetails.

m44.jpg

There's a "scout" mount that replaces the rear sight. I have one and it works well with an inexpensive 2X pistol scope. Removing the mount and replacing the original sight is no problem.

Japle
What's the name of the mount?

If you don't want to settle for a scout setup, and want to use a traditional scope, the only viable non-d&t mount is made by JMeck...and they work...

I think I will stick with the scout style mounting options.
Has anyone other than Nutnfancy had any experience with the "Brass Stacker Mosin Scope Mount"?

Back