mosin nagant power... video included

Yep... it's amazing. I shot through a maple that was as thick as my arm from my elbow to my fingertips. I would have never believed it, if I hadn't done it myself.
Plenty of power there...

I recall the day before deer season with 2 friends. One of them turned bad on me so I have not seen either of them for years. I was using my Finn M39 that year. The obligatory practice before opening day was backed up by a decently sized Eastern Red Cedar log. The 7.62.54R out of the Finn was knocking chunks out of the back of the log. The other 2 guys did not have such luck. My own experience is that the round is one of those that hits out of all proportion to it's paper ballistics. Kind of a mystery. The .22 Magnum is another, while not in the same class by any means as the 7.62x54R, I use it as an example. They both punch above their respective weights.

Is it just me, or do they sound like the stoners from Super Troopers? :rolleyes:

The 7.62x54R is a hell of a round, I think sometimes people let it's price fool them.

Im sure it has happened but so far I have never had a fail to fire with any 7.62x54R ammo, even the old World War Two stuff. If anything I would call it dependable.

Im sure it has happened but so far I have never had a fail to fire with any 7.62x54R ammo, even the old World War Two stuff. If anything I would call it dependable.

lol magnum thats very very true. and yes i have never had a fail to fire either

The one up-side of corrosive primers.;)

This is a still I took from video last weekend of a friend of mine shooting my Mosin-Nagant M44 with good old fashioned spam can ammo ... look at that fireball ... it's longer than the rifle itself!!!

417318_1960770715857_1740503818_1008110_71163046_n.jpg

Back