Mosin Nagant Party!!

Model12Win

Hey guys! Well I got a new addition to my Mosin Nagant collection today, a nice M39 Finn dated 1942, Sako type. What a perfect opportunity for a family photo!!

20160504_002905.jpg

Look at those handsome devils!! :D

You've got Big Papa up top: a 1915-1918 Model 1891 rifle made by New England Westinghouse right here in America! This one is a Finn arsenal rework and is in stellar shape.

Next we've got Old Faithful: A 1943 dated Ishevsk M91/30. A standard commonplace arsenal refurbished WW2 era rifle, and a very nice one at that.

Then comes out newest member! A 1942 Sako M39 infantry rifle. It's in great shape, with a fantastic bore. Once I clean it up, I bet it will shoot like a dream. The trigger is also fantastic!

Now come the babies of the family! That pretty red vixen is a 1955 Romanian made M44 carbine in like-new condition. It's bluing, bore, and stock look like they could have been made yesterday. An amazing shooter and deadly effective, just ask the boar sitting in my freezer!

Then last, but certainly not least, is my 1944 dated M38 carbine. What a light and handy gun!

So there we have it. My ever growing Mosin family is getting bigger. Just thought I'd share. Have a good one yall! :D

Awesome collection and thanks for the pic! :cool:

For a post-shooting party with that group, you'll need to celebrate with copious amounts of high-end Russian vodka. :D

Nice collection! I had to add an M39 as well. After the Sako got here, of course they listed some sneaks (late date, no maker) and resistance was futile. So I have one of those as well.

New to the forum i have a m44 with a scout scope i can hit pop bottles at 100 yards with the open sight the scope i got on it now junk tho lol

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

3x3%20mule%20buck%20300WinMag%20Mosin%20Nagant%20125%20gr%20NBT%20b10-29-2015.jpg

After 15 years of experimenting with 15 Mosin Nagants, I used this 1939 Mosin Nagant for hunting. I got it for $50 in 2002. I converted it to 300 win mag, welded a bolt extension, put an ATI mount on it, with a 3rd hole drilled, tapped , and countersunk. I caught a mule buck running away at 250 yards.

Thanks for the complements guys. With luck, I'd like to double this number by sometime next year. So many Mosins... so little time. :)

Nice collection there. I have had probably 5 mosins over the years. Got my first one in 2006, I was in 6th grade and already heavy into guns. Me and my dad went to a flea market kind of close to his house. There on a table next to about 20 other rifles lay a beautiful M44 Russian laminated stock. We paid $115 for it. No bayonet came with it but I acquired one.

That rifle shot really well and with a recoil pad was very manageable for me, even being a shrimpy 85lbs.

My dad screwed it all up one year trying to mount a ATI scope mount. He drilled 3 holes in the receiver, none were lined up properly so we tried just on bolt and an epoxy sandwich in between to mount and receiver. That didn't work. So my mosin had a ATI bolt on bent bolt handle and we cut a notch in the stock. Had 3 ugly epoxy filled hole in the receiver. I just recently sold that mosin, got into legal trouble and only keeping 2 of my 5 guns.

Had lots of fun with that mosin but I like my. AK more and the AK is never ever getting sold. I'd become homeless and not sell my AK or 1911.

I drill a 3rd hole for the ATI mount.
I pull the barrel, so it is not a blind hole.

Attachments

• extra hole.jpg
    extra hole.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 5
Back