Mosin Nagant not firing...help

PhillipP

Alright, just got back from shooting my Mosin Nagant for the first time. First off, I couldn't be happier with the accuracy....i'm even happy with having to slap the bolt open with some force a couple of times to get the cartridge to eject.
The problem that I am having is that about 25% of the time a squeeze the trigger all i hear is "click". All I have to do is eject that round and put the same cartridge back in and it fires the second time. After I hear the click the routine was to inspect the primer cap and it seems that the firing pin is making contact with it.
Not knowing to much about troubleshooting fire arms, could it be something with the ammo (which was wolf ammo) I didn't think it could be since the second time I put the same ammo in it would fire. It was also suggested to me that upon receiving it I could have put to much oil when I cleaned it. Once again, I wouldn't think that would be it because I do see where the firing pin is contacting the primer cap of the wolf ammo.
If anyone has anything to say about this I would be oh so thankful.

Another possibility is preservative grease or gummy old oil inside the bolt slowing down the firing pin.

Ditto. Did you clean out all the cosmo from the chamber and firing pin channel?

Drop the bolt in a pot of boiling water for 10 minutes. Same thing for any other small metal parts. Throw the pot away afterward, don't cook with it.

Tritto. Clean your firing pin and bolt. My M44 actually had hair inside it when I got it, God only knows from what...

It's surprising all the little nooks and microscopic crevaces cosmoline likes to get into. Lol.

Back