Mosin nagant accuracy question

Soundtrackzz

Hey guys. I have a 91/30 like just about everyone else. But my bolt got run over by a truck and is now useless. So i need to get another one. Would that affect the accuracy of the rifle?

Thanks
S

I feel your pain, I broke an extractor years ago on one of mine, and haven't found another one yet so until I do, I pretty much have a useless bolt(but good for parts). I wouldn't think it would affect your accuracy, unless the newer bolt has much more loose headspacing, which possibly could. Good idea when you get another bolt, have it's headspace checked.

I got mine from Cabala's. I was able to go through a bunch of them and found one with an excellent barrel.

I don't shoot the surplus stuff, but to get some brass I bought 100 rounds of Winchester 180 grn stuff.

It shoots high even at the lowest sight setting but still under 2 inch groups. I picked up some 150 grn Sierra bullets and will work up a load to find the right load, then work on getting the sights so I can zero it at 100 yards. From there I think it would be great shooting in Vintage Military Rifle Matches (now that I learned to load with those silly Russian 5 round clips).

It shouldnt affect your accuracy.
I would check the Firing Pin With your Guage, and get the headspace checked.
Remember many surplus rifles have mis matched bolts.

How badly damaged is your bolt? The Boltman makes bent-handled bolts, and can modify your current bolt to make it a bent-handled bolt (for use with aftermarket scopes). You can at least get a replacement bolt.

The front lug section of the bolt is removable. When you get another bolt, use the front lug section from the old one on the new one. There wont be a headspace problem then, provided there wasnt one before.

Back