Mosin-Nagant 91/30 Tula hex laminate stock

MagnumWill

I bought my Mosin-Nagant 91/30 Tula hex reciever with a laminate stock, dated 1934 off gunbroker for 75 bucks (Yes! 75! and it is BEAUTIFUL condition! The guy thought the stock was broken and repaired when he saw the soviet toe splice)

Anyone else have one with a laminate stock? I know the stock is post-war, but I haven't seen any other ones like it. Here, lemme take a picture of it and I'll put it up...

l_70af27d6d3424c3285a66a1d082d291d.jpg

Oh man, that looks awesome. How does it handle, have you shot it yet?

I saw these at J&G Sales for $130 and am trying to convince myself I need one, lol.

Thanks guys! It shoots great- it's pretty accurate, it's been recrowned so the muzzle end is good and square. I always put a brass brush on the end of the drill and clean out the action (which it needed, had the typical sticky bolt) when I get it. Since it's only electropenciled to match, I think i'll do the PE conversion on it, it'll look pretty good.

I got one for about $140 and I think yours looks as good if not better for a heck of a lot better price.

I didn't shoot mine, I gave it to my cousin. He was starting a WW-II collection, and I was so happy that his wife was letting him get a gun (a K-98) that I decided to help the process along, and gave that one to him. It was also a tula, and about that year. If I remember right, it shot a little high, and the bolt did not have the regular stickieness.

I hope you enjoy this one as much as he has enjoyed his.

Back