mosin info

kx592

Went to cabelas to check out a AR selection and came across a mosen nogant(Spelling butchered) That had one in decent shape clean for 150$. I was thinking of buying it and stripping it and refinishing the wood and polishing all the metal up. Will these rifles hold value at all? They seem to be all over the place but figured it would be fun and maybe make some $ off it in the future if its nice and numbers matching.

What model of Mosin Nagant is it? There's actually quite a few different types.

If it's just a typical rifle, a more reasonable price might be in the $80-90 range. If it's something special, it could be worth a lot more.

Stripping, refinishing, and polishing drastically reduces the value of collector's items, guns and otherwise.

The thing is, the Russians and other Warsaw Pact countries made a LOT of these. At the very least, 37 million Mosin Nagants have been produced.

Unless that particular rifle is special, it will probably be a long time until it is worth something.

Although M38's have almost disappeared from the scene, and M44's went way up in price.

But I just saw a Pawn Stars where the dude wire brushed an old Colt Peacemaker to get the rust off and almost killed any value on it.

The neat thing about Mosins is that theres millions of them around but there can be some rare and collectible ones mixed in with the run of the mill guns.Alot of people dont know the difference so good deals can be had if you know what to look for.

i paid 150 for one but it was a 91/59. i have one that i stripped the wood and refinished it. i paid less than 100 for it and dont plan on selling it, so i fixed it up. dont really care about how much it would have been worth in 20 years.

Back