Mosin help needed

waymore

I'm scared I may have really damaged my gun. Just received my Mosin Nagant on monday took it apart cleaned it and put it together, everything looked clean and was working fine. Took the gun to range on Wednesday shot about 40 rds and brought it home took apart and cleaned it. I noticed today when I picked it up that the trigger is just dangling loose. I cant even remove the bolt because I cant depress the trigger to remove it. I also cant remove the barrel because the bolt covers the screw.

Could I havbe damaged the gun by opening the bolt and closing it to work the grease in? Does anyone know how I can fix this?

Thanks

I misplaced the trigger pin on my initial cleaning too.

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety"- Benjamin Franklin

Almost lost one on a carbine I use to own. I put it back in then took a punch and made a light punch mark one on each side of the pin. This kept it from happing again.

Last edited:
Did the same thing last night with my Mosin I just purchased. Started cleaning in one place, moved to another to soak it and then say the trigger dangling. It took 45 minutes to find it in carpetw

Check wher you had it apart, like the previous poster said, it will only come out when the stock is off of it.

ok good I just found a little pin on the carpet. how do I replace this? does the barrel need to come off. I can't figure out how to unscrew the screw without taking off the bolt.

got her all bac together again :)

made me nervous as heck pulling on that bolt but it finally came off.

thanks for the help.

The rifles are practically a dime a dozen, parts are cheap, but if you don't wanna fix toss and buy another! lol:D

Glad you got it back together. And you're welcome for the help.

Plus, I doubt you'd break anything, they're tough guns.

Back