mosin feeding problems-quick help

woody wood

a friend of mine has a mosin and at the range today with his mosin with ati stock-seemed hard to feed rounds into magazine. when we came back home,we checked out issue /with stock off and found rounds were hanging up,and seem to bind on the left side if loading chamber? help!!

Mosin Nagants have a cartridge interrupter in the side of the receiver so the magazine feeds one round at a time under very little spring pressure. If the stock is not relieved for this part to work the rifle will not feed correctly. Take the barreled action out of the stock and screw the magazine on so you can watch the way it works when it’s not in the wood (or plastic stock)
When you see how it works it’s easy to see if there is a problem with the stock inlet.
That’s the place to start looking for the problem.

My M44 did the same thing, you had to cram the rounds into the magazine. I took the action out of the stock, and (carefully) tweaked the interruptor with a screwdriver. After that, the rounds zipped right in there like they should. And if you bend it too much- bend it back. :)

Back