Mosin Bug

OldSoul

My first Mosin was a Izhevsk m38 made in 1944. Today I bought my second Mosin a Izhevsk ex-Dragoon made in 1927 for $125 when I went to pick it up I thought I was buying a 91/30 until I noticed the Hex receiver and the date that was stamped on it needless to say it put a smile on my face. I think I'm ready for my next Mosin now. :D

You are in 'Big-Time-Mosin-Trouble' now. I suppose next you're going to be buying ammunition for it too. 7.62x54r.net. :eek:

Last edited:
Very good possibility but I'm torn buy ammo or another rifle or nagant revolver. I have about 150 rounds right now. As far as the website it is what helped me determine what I actually had and not a 91/30 which I was led to believe.

Buy the ammo and stock up on it. Couple of spam cans should last you a while. I'm kicking myself for not picking up a spam can or two at the local gun show on saturday, guy was selling them for $50. Russian stuff if my memory serves correctly. I ended up blowing that money on a lever gun and am not one little bit disappointed with that but still should have gone out to the ATM and got the money for a can or two.

Stu

Where have you found the cheapest places for ammo besides shows?

There are other places, but I like SG Ammo. Often, but not always the cheapest. But I have an account set up and it's all preset when I purchase, so I keep going back for convenience.

Oddly enough, the town I'm working in this month the local Ace Hardware store has 54R dirt cheap.

I split a spam can with a buddy not too long ago , got it from AIM for $77.95. I've seen it cheaper than that but I bought a bunch of the Wold Military Classic in 7.62x39mm while I was at it because they had a really good price on that.

Stu

I offer another option, buy some ammo and a 3rd Mosin. :D Can't have too many of these awesome relics

I have an M44 right now but thinking about getting a 91/30 on the cheap. The Mosin Carbine's muzzle blast is fun, but brutal! I think the longer barrel will somewhat alleviate that. Is that true?

I can almost guarantee I will add more mosins to the collection. My goal is to own one of each major example of the mosin. My ex-dragoon kicks a little less that the m38 but not by a whole lot. What I have noticed other than the lack of a fireball the muzzle blast is not nearly as loud.

Back