Mosin 91/30 Markings 1942

bobg146

Inactive
Just purchased a 91-30 rifle from a local shop. I've been reading a bunch of topics on here and also have done some digging on google but I can't seem to ID some of the markings on this rifle. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

Attachments

• DSC01008.jpg
    DSC01008.jpg
    240.8 KB · Views: 45
  • DSC01011.jpg
    DSC01011.jpg
    214.8 KB · Views: 38
  • DSC01012.jpg
    DSC01012.jpg
    214.6 KB · Views: 37
Thanks, I looked through that site and they didn't seem to be exactly the same but I guess that doesn't matter. Any idea what the half moon on the receiver means or the triangle on the back of the bolt?

The Triangle with an arrow in it is Izhevsk. It just means the rifle was rebuilt at some point, and spare parts were used from whatever they had on hand.

A lot of Mosins have random proofs and markings all over them, I have a couple that look like someone at the armory just wanted to practice on something.

Most of them don't mean anything in particular- at least, no one knows what they mean.

The Izhevsk triangle (or bow & arrow), the Tula star (or hammer), the Soviet crest (or the Czar's crest), and the various square refurb marks are about the only truly identifiable marks on a Russian Mosin.

Back