Morel mushrooms

hooligan1

Hey you turkey hunters don't forget to pick those dudes while your in the field.... I haven't been yet, I'm trying to pack my house and move, might miss the hunt this year.
If you find'em post pics, so I can lick my computer screen!!:p:o:D

Will do hooligan1. Although I've never learned to post pics. :o

Here in Ohio you can only turkey hunt till noon so the rest of the day is usually spent hunting the elusive mushroom.

Oh them spongy look'in little fellers growing in princess pine wearing camo.Yup I got a little patch back there in the dark woods next to a crick I visit every year. I could tell you where. But its a secret!!

S/S

We get the brown, black, and gray morrels plus the beefsteaks..........sooo good with venison steak.

I made quite a harvest lest year, but crazy weather this spring has got me worried about this years crop.:(

not that I consider mushroom hunting as a real hunt, but... ok

they aren't out yet... and my turkey hunt is done with but I still have spring black bear.

I stumbled on a patch of them last year with an experienced hunter and ended up with 62 in under an hour :cool:. Not sure if that is a good time to mushroom ratio as I am still a novice to hunting them, but I thought it was pretty good.

They are that good !!!

Last year, there was a fellow around here, selling them for $16.00 a pound and yes, he sold plenty at that price. My spots have all dried up and hunting isn't easy. Thankfully, my wife's son brings us a couple of pounds every spring.. .. :)

Be Safe !!!

They are that good !!!

My friend Pahoo is spot on as usual.

I know some some serious shroom hunters that pack up and travel to Michigan every year for their hunting trip. Boy do they bring back plenty.
Another well known hunter around here just sent me pics. of 25 shrooms he found under one tree. Course this same guy is usually in the local paper here every year for finding the largest shroom in the area.

I let my friends get after mine, usually a few pounds will be found under them thar trees....used to just mow them down.

Back