more work on my 22lr handloads

stagpanther

I decided to try some very high SD bullets in my 22 lr handloads in the never ending quest to find a true supersonic load that will remain stable out to very long ranges. Previous efforts have yielded poor results for the most part compared to SV all lead bullets, but this new load is showing great promise. Here is a 10 shot group out to 1000 yds.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_1063.jpg
    IMG_1063.jpg
    243 KB · Views: 188
  • IMG_1064.jpg
    IMG_1064.jpg
    223.1 KB · Views: 190
Granulated Cataclysmate as propellant, no doubt.
And the 1” twist as tested by Sir Joseph Whitworth.
I wasn't aware that others had embarked on this approach. I found that a 10 groove 4 twist achieved the best results for any projectile weighing over 90 grs. An unintended benefit I didn't anticipate was guys I gave these handloads to try out in their rifles reported their sex lives had also improved substantially.:eek:

Last edited:
I am assuming the action is a trapdoor, which allows the chamber to be shaped to present headspace support for the rim while still accommodating the wider bullet form. This is what proved necessary in the 50-06, as well.

I am assuming the action is a trapdoor, which allows the chamber to be shaped to present headspace support for the rim while still accommodating the wider bullet form. This is what proved necessary in the 50-06, as well.
Even better--I developed and patented the world's very first dial-activated adjustable headspace mechanism. this allows virtually limitless lengths of cartridges to be fit into any chamber by dialing up and down the chamber and bolt breech faces. I'm currently offering the rights for only 5 million dollars.

Back