More USPSA Hosing goodness

That looks like a first class shootin' match.
But complaining that 78 degrees is hot will get you no sympathy, whatsoever.
If you think it feels like 95 degrees, what would you think a real 95 degrees is like?
Wait a sec and I'll step outside and let you know........
Kind of warmish.

I was going to ask where was this? Because lately we've been shooting in 95-100F heat and the humidity levels are high here, so 78F seems like near perfect conditions to shoot. Good shooting though.

Last edited:
haha I knew I'd get flack for complaining about the heat :)

It was really hot esp when we're standing in direct sunlight for hours on end. There's no wind either. I was sweating profusely despite it being dry.

we were shooting up here in the Northwest. Puyallup, WA.

Get a big cooler, fill it with ice water. Take a small towel and soak it and place it on your head whenever your not on the line. As soon as it warms up soak it in the ice water again and repeat. Wear it around your neck too. It really makes a difference. And bring and drink LOTS of H2O.

I was going to ask where was this? Because lately we've been shooting in 95-100F heat and the humidity levels are high here, so 78F seems like near perfect conditions to shoot. Good shooting though.

In Texas, 78F is the dream you have right before you pass out.;)

78 degrees...and you made it thru? This reminds me of the 100 round stage complaints day. Great shooting by the way. Great shooting. Impressive.

Last edited:
I would much prefer the cold over the hot...yet I live in the desert...:eek:

I've been meaning to get out and try some USPSA, hopefully this fall.

That looks like so much fun, but I am probably at least a year if not more from being able to do that. Especially since I've only owned a gun for 2 months now.

That rig looks expensive. What kind of holster is that? Also, if you don't mind my asking what are you doing when we turn the knob on the top of the gun at the end of your run?

Just curious, but it looks like a lot of fun. Can't wait to get into the shooting sports in the future.

Definitely don't mind being asked questions. Feel free to ask!

As for the holster, I'm using a Safariland 013 competition holster (http://www.safariland.com/DutyGear/product.aspx?pid=013) on a Safariland ELS rig. It works well for me.

The knob at the top of my gun is the brightness control for the C-more Serendipity Red-dot sight. The reddot takes up a lot of power so I turn it off when I'm not using it anymore.

hope that helps!

wrongo!

That looks like so much fun, but I am probably at least a year if not more from being able to do that. Especially since I've only owned a gun for 2 months now.

NOW is the perfect time to "go"; go before you learn bad habits.

Every club I've visited (or belong to) has some mechanism in place to help new shooters. We want you to come and be properly educated in the safe and fun handling of your firearm.

So look here www.USPSA.org use the 'club finder' functions, visit your local clubs, and let them know of your interest and skill level.
And then enjoy......

We ALL wish we'd started sooner........

Back