More suggested loads?

ZVP

Reading the Taylors catalog, I see they recommend a 24 gr spout on a remington flsk!
Heck I shoot my '58 @ 35gr and it loves it! Accuracy seems best with some velocity on the ball for me.
I guess they're all different with the load they like.
My Piettia .444 Brsser likes 20 gr of Pyrodex.
Ya just need to test andd see where the gun shoots best.

"Reading the Taylors catalog, I see they recommend a 24 gr spout on a remington flsk!"

In sanctioned shoots, that is not permitted. You cannot load directly from a flask, it's not considered safe.

Flasks have been known to blow up.

A person has to put powder from a container into the powder measure and then charge the pistol.

For just having fun, my Walker does fine with 40 to 50 grains of Alliant Black MZ. Accuracy is good and it's a lot of fun to shoot.

The fit of the ball to the chambers might have something to do with the amount of powder that makes the best accuracy.
For my .44 Remington and .451 balls, 25 grains of 777 seems to be the sweet spot for target plinking.

Clarity ???

Asking you "modern" wheel-gun shooters, to enlighten me. ..... ;)

In sanctioned shoots, that is not permitted. You cannot load directly from a flask, it's not considered safe.
You are saying that on a sanctioned shoot for C&B revolvers, you are not allowed to load directly from a flask with a measured fixed spout. ... Right ... :confused:

Be Safe !!!

You are saying that on a sanctioned shoot for C&B revolvers, you are not allowed to load directly from a flask with a measured fixed spout. ... Right ...

Yep.

In sanctioned shoots, be it rifle, unlimited pistol, revolver, as issue pistol or bench or shotgun you cannot load directly from the flask. It is not allowed and it is unsafe.

The rule was passed after enough folks blew up their flask while loading, and lost hand parts. It is an NMLRA rule and is enforced at most shoots.

So many recommendations! I usually load 35 gr of Pyrodex for best accuracy. Now I read Cabelas Flasks are measured to 24 gr???
Sure it's lighter on the gun but will the accurcy be there? I doubt it cause I tried it before.
You have to work-up each guns load for bbest results!
Same with cartrige guns. My Vaquero (.357, 4 5/8") shoots best with Remington Factory new, 158 gr standard load, a tackdriver!
Funny how that works, eh?
ZVP

A lot of folks swear by wussy loads for accuracy. I always had good accuracy with 30 grains and almost as good with 35 in my .44's. My .36's get 25 grains.

I never liked spilling powder all over filling a powder measure. When I am some where where I can not direct dispense I measure with the flask spout, dump in to old .45 brass then in to the gun.
That is part of my life choices, carry the c&b revolver loaded-6, on the safety pin, and do most shooting (every week or more) at a private range or the old gravel pit 1/2 mile down the road.

Back