More on Poly Public Defender . . .

Prof Young

So I put a shot shell loaded with #6 in the PD and shot at "Centerfire Defender" target (bright yellow human outline slightly smaller than full scale) and at 10 yards only 11 pellets were on the paper around the edges. Then I shot a load (can't recall what they are called) that had four 00 buckshots and all four were within the center mass, but scattered about a touch. Then, still at ten yards, I shot the shell that has a slug on top of two 00 buckshot, and all three stayed relatively center mass. (See previous post about using Poly PD as HD gun.)

Thoughts and comments welcome.

Life is good.
Prof Young

Didn't shoot any 45 LC

Curt:
Well, I didn't shoot any 45 LC out of this gun. I did shoot 45 colt out of the PD I previously owned and it was about what one would expect from a short barreled 45 C. Hang on tight and practice a lot if you wanna be accurate beyond 7 yards. :-)

Life is good.
Prof Young

You might want to give Federal Premium Handgun ammo in 000 Buck. Pretty impressive performance. I can attest to good accuracy, and pattern density at 10 yards from my PD Poly. The four 9MM (.35) projectiles creating what could be described as a 1 1/2-2 1/2 inch "group" rather than pattern. With three trigger pulls it puts a dozen 35 caliber "bullets" in a nice, center mass area on a B27 target. Plus, if you so choose you can put a couple 45 Colt rounds in the other two chambers.
Check out what Shooting the Bull has to say. You might want to find part 1 as well to show you what it can do with 45 Colt as well.
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...203B55276973925C349B203B55276973925&FORM=VIRE

Last edited:
Back