More Mob Violence

kermit315

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,297840,00.html

here is the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfDX0IDMR_c (sorry about the second story being attatched, couldnt find this one by its self.)

Alleged Attack Against 13-Year-Old Virginia Boy Caught on Tape

Monday, September 24, 2007

* E-MAIL STORY
* PRINTER FRIENDLY VERSION

Police in Norfolk, Va., are investigating whether an alleged attack against a 13-year-old boy that witnesses caught on tape Saturday was racially motivated, WAVY-TV reported Monday.

The tape shows the victim, Damien O'Rourke, who is white, being violently beaten by a group of African American teenagers. According to the report, Damien and his mother, Reesha Price, said the fight was unprovoked and believe Damien was attacked because he is white.

Damien said he was attacked while going to meet friends to play football. Price told WAVY-TV that she found her badly beaten son just blocks from her home after receiving a phone call alerting her to the attack Saturday afternoon.

The family had just recently moved to the Norfolk area, WAVY-TV reported. Damien said one of his alleged attackers was among a group of students at his school that mistreated him because he was the new kid. Price told WAVY-TV that she now fears her son is being targeted because of his race.

Norfolk police reportedly told WAVY-TV that their gang unit will be investigating the case.

Fox News is reporting that there were 6 "kids" involved in the beating.
Any body want to bet that JJ and AS head here next to defend the criminals?

In all seriousness, what do you all think some of the parallels to Jena are.

Lets try to not get this thread closed.

Jamie

This is my neighborhood...

I'm waiting for the good folk at Norfolk State University to organize another major march against the jailing of these poor misguided youth a la Jenna march...so far, inspite of the viciousness of the attack, the wise Commonwealth Att'y here in Norfolk is looking at misdemeanor simple assault...some talk of assault by mob, but that will never happen...I'm really getting sick of the double standards, PC, and mis-application of the law:rolleyes:

And your point is? There is a major uproar going on because a few people of a different colour are being prosecuted due to damn near beating a gringo to death!

Even Jessy and Al showed up for that one!

Polictial Correctness contained: Black May Not be stated as Black! White may not be stated as White!

If you let criminals know that they'll face no punishment for their actions, you empower more criminals to perform criminal acts without fear.

There are a lot of people in this country who would like nothing better than to see a race war--with themselves at a safe, Olympian distance, of course. There are too many creaking holdovers who think they are still riding the Freedom buses down in Miss. in 1963.

I moved to Maine two decades ago, but I grew up in a decent sized city and was part of the first round of school integration. The video sure brings back some memories.

It wasn't fun at the time. But in reflection being part of a minority in a hostile environment built character. It's too bad that this kid's mom wasn't like mine, he'd have been told to clean up and get over it.

This is how you learn one of life's most valuable lessons- fight or flight.

Back