More Ishapore Issues

Kvon2

I recently bought a 1967 Ishapore and I had a problem with the magazine feeding.

It wasn't pushing the rounds up high enough so the bolt was just closing over top of the rounds and not putting a round in the chamber.

After inspecting the magazine I determined the spring might not have much life left in it so I bought a new magazine.

This mag seems to have a good spring and the first round will load(often it goes in at the wrong angle and is not actually chambered) but then the next round and any other round sits too low and the bolt travels over top of it.

Any thoughts?

My guess would be maybe the actual magazine might not be high enough in the recess due to some tolerance issue or there may be something wrong with the bolt.

Sorry but I really can't think of anything that might be wrong, as I've never owned an Enfield type rifle.

The only thing I would try would maybe remove the spring from the new magazine and put it in the old magazine. If it's anything like a K31 mag, the follower pushes forward and out. That may resolve any tolerance issues with the new mag, but I don't know.

-Mo.

Those Ishypoo-poos have plenty of problems with the magazines. The one I had would just not feed worth a whoop OR a wholler.

I sold it for a profit and never looked back. I prefer my bolt guns to come with a sturdier and less fickle magazine. Mauser all the way baby!

Feeding issues are usually caused by the mag lips being bent too far in. Needle nosed pliers to tweak 'em out a tick. Far more likely than a worn out spring. Especially as springs do not lose temper from being compressed. A flat spring like a mag spring might get work hardened at the bends and break, but they do not lose temper. That takes extreme heat.

I also suspect the mag that came with the gun is a .303 mag because it is more rounded at the bottom so I was hoping this new mag would solve the problem...folding back the lips might help

Back