More Hi-Power questions

swampyMO

To all,

Are there any good web sites or mail groups dedicated to the Hi-Power users???

Where is the best place to find spare parts & such for the Hi-Power?? Brownells maybe?? Others??

In order of quality & usability, what are the best Hi-cap mags available for the BHP??

The HP I'm buying comes with one hi-cap mag that looks parkerized & says "made in Italy" on the side. Who makes this one?? Is it any good??

Thanks guys,
Swampy
"anxiously awaiting that first ker-chunk as the slide drops home on a full mag..."

Hello. The best aftermarket pre-ban magazine that I've found has been ProMag. These 13rnd magazines have worked well in the 3 HPs I've tried them in and cost about $15 each. Without question, the Browning (MecGar) 13 rnd pre-bans are the very best, but they cost about $60 each now! Sad and silly. Grimel does have a HP page, but there's little traffic as there's only about 4 or 5 of us.
C&S sells very, very good sears and several hammer configurations. I got my spare parts from my dealer, who got them from Browning several years ago. I've needed only one firing pin retaining plate in about 3 decades, but you might want some extractors and perhaps some grips screws should you misplace one. Get a replacement recoil spring or two: I use Wolf conventional 18.5Lb springs. Best and good shooting.

Hello. The "Made in Italy" magazine that came with your HP is a MecGar, the company who makes Browning, Beretta, and other makers' magazines for them. Best.

Guys,

Thanks for the information....

In general, mags for the HP seem to be a bit less common than those for other weapons. I still see the USA & ProMags around, but can't seem to locate any of the MecGar brand (especially the 10 rounders). Do you know where I can pick up some of these???

Swampy

Swampy....Get a Brownells Catolog. call 515-623-5401. They have Mec-Gar magazines and just about anything else you might need for the Browning Hi-Power. Plus a LOT more!

Brownell's is a good source for Mec-Gar mags. Dillon also stocks them for the Hi-Power.

[This message has been edited by CCV (edited January 07, 2000).]

Back