MORE FAVORITE GUN MOVIES

westsider

Inactive
I love so many "gun" movies but my recent favorite is the Robert Deniro film "Ronin". His character is asked which gun he prefers and he answers "The 1911" The other guy says, "Old gun" DeNiro replies,"Yea but it served my country well for a lot of years. There is also something about a beautiful woman handling a pistol like she knows how. There are more gun movies out there than I can remember - what is your favirite?

For Western Action my top 2 are Tombstone and Silverado
For SciFi it's Aliens
For today... Heat - Most any John Woo movie

------------------

Kodiac
Kenetic Defence Intitute

DID IT at 7 yards the first time I tried ! Looked real impressive too except that Mels was WAY TOO PERFECT :)...HS

Kodiak - I just watched "Hard Boiled" - This is the most unbelievable gun movie! It leaves you breathless! The thin little pistols that were so common in this film are like one I recently saw for sale - 9mm made in China by Norinco. Circled star on the handle and all. It looked pretty well used though so I decided not to spend the $160. I wonder if it had one of those "endless" magazines?! People have to see this movie! Westsider

It's been a while since I've seen it but how about "The Jackal". Now there's a minivan with an attitude. BTW, The Jackal is coming on Starz later this month.

fal308 - I liked "The Jackal". I don't remember the name of the female Russian officer who worked on the case but wasn't she the same actress who played Justine (Married to Al Pacino's character) in the movie "Heat"? The Jackal did have a pretty impressive piece of hardware.

While Soldiers of Fortune, Inc. is not a movie but a TV show, the weapons used in the episodes had me drooling. The weapon handling was also top notch. I believe Harry Humphries was an advisor on the show. I'm not sure if it was picked up for a second season as it hasn't returned to it's usual timeslot (12:05 am, Monday) here in Atlanta.

------------------

Hard Boiled: Those odd looking guns that look kinda like .45s are Tokeraves (I can't spell the word). A very common russian pistol, made all over the world, like the AK-47/74 - vastly copied.
They are very good pistols mechanicaly, but not really ergonomical compaired to western pistols.
Did you love that 5 minute no cut or break scene? Oh, man! Try to get hollywood to make some thing like that!

------------------

Kodiac
Kenetic Defence Intitute

Predator has some great weapons.
Terminator,I would like a phase plasma rifle in the 40 watt range. hehe

Back