• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

More and more in-fighting

Bowser

I have visited here a lot, and don't tend to post nearly as much as others.
I always try to be polite when posting here, and have often held my tongue when I may have wanted to post something "nasty".

I have noticed that increasingly here, people are moaning and picking fights, moderators included. A lot of the time people quote from other peoples posts, which can tend to take thinks out of context.
Of all the forums I have visited, this has been the best for unbiased knowledge and assistance with questions.

The infighting that goes on at some sites like the one for ar15's and to a lesser extent on the one for glocks, in my opinion tend to take away from those sites as a whole.

I hope this trend won't become common here.

Bowser.

I to dislike seeing "in fighting". I know I was involved in one of the topics that became a little heated yesterday and rather than continue simply bowed out. That is what everyone saw on the board. What was not seen by the membership was the Email exchange between myself and the other TFLer that resulted. He and I had a polite conversation, exlpained our different prespectives on the issue and still consider one another friends. No harm, no foul. We both know that even though we may disagree on one issue we share far more beliefs than we disagree on, have the same (RKBA) goals and value the others opinion.....even when it is not our own.
A certain amount of "in fighting" can be expected with any group or family, especially when the family has grown to be as large as TFL's has. But as long as the members "fighting" never forget that we are on the same team and continue as friends we will succeed and perhaps even grow some because of the occassional squabble. If someone were to ask me a week from now which member it was I had disagreed with I would honestly not be able to tell you. I take these things in stride and try to learn from them.
If any of my statements yesterday are what has you concerned of offended in any way I sincerely apologize.
As to the board ever degenerating to the level of some of the others on the Internet I don't think any of us have anything to worry about. The staff here at TFL is, without question, the best on the Internet.....and I mean all the net, not just gun boards.

Bowser-
Even when we win we loose. ;)

TFL is different from most other Boards. People join without understanding that the rules of conduct are taken seriously here and we do our best to provide gentle reminders. For the most part, these efforts are richly rewarded as new Members breathe a sigh of relief and embrace the program.

OTOH, when we have to intervene, we run the risk of being accused of being too heavy handed. But that's why we get the big bucks. :D

As for Staff responding in kind, most have been at this for over a year; some going on three years. This is an issue we work on daily. That's the truth.
Rich

Back