More .45 bullets today

Beagle333

I wanted to try some from this mold. This is a new design based on the RCBS cowboy bullet. It turned out really nice!
I put 16 lbs of pure flashing in the pot, a 2 lb ingot of WW, and a 7 oz pewter saucer.
I cast these around 750 degrees. They drop at .454-.455 and rounds are 200.9gr, pentas are 217.5gr.
I haven't cast any solids yet, but they should be 225gr.

new45001_zps232ff6ca.jpg

new45002_zps3a76ba86.jpg

new45007_zps93a91874.jpg

new45008_zps444521c2.jpg

I like that NOE mold as well, Vance. That's a good lookin bullet. :)

I liked this big ol' HP so much that I went back out this evening and cast another pile. (Only 257 of em after culling, but that's a pile to me.);)
MP45-225002_zpsb3a5ca48.jpg

Thanks Spacecoast. I found the macro setting.
Sorry to have butted in on your thread Beagle. I just wanted to get the picture thing down so I can start showing you guys what I am working on. I will post my own thread after this.
I am just using shooting range reclaim lead. Don't know how hard it is. I can barely put a mark on it with my thumbnail with a hard press.

No problem Vance. Them's pretty bullets! I usually close my NOE upside down so I get that little divot in the nose too. It's more interesting than just a flat point.

And my PID arrived this evening.... right as I'm waiting for my pot to cool down enough to bring in for the night. :mad: I sure coulda used it today while I was wrestling with keeping that alloy hot enough to make the pure fill well, but not cook the tin out. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
And here I though those depressions were a feature. :p Honestly didn't think about the pins vertical alignment when closing the mold up side down. That's how I do all my molds.

Back