Moose world record in Russia

PDshooter

Has anybody seen this picture of this moose that was shot in Russia:confused:
Just got the Pic, From my Daughter who lives in AK

Attachments

• jay moose 05.jpg
    jay moose 05.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 613
I just want to know what he shot it with and how many times he had to shoot it!
What would something like that net? About a half ton of meat in the freezer?

I don`t know if this is BS or not. The moose taken from Kamchatka in Russia are described as being "prehistoric" in size. This could be for real...

Well, as near as I can tell, the picture presented is not doctored after it was converted or created in digital format, or they did a very good job. Mistakes typical to doctor jobs, such as inconsistent pixellation are not present. That does not mean that the image was not originally staged or that an original film photograph wasn't doctored and then scanned into the computer at a less than ideal resolution as a means to help cover the doctoring.

So y'all have mentioned some giant moose being killed, but where has this appeared in print?

No special doctoring required

The photo may be real, but having said that, no special doctoring is needed to stage this photo. All the "tricks" can be accomplished on site.

The moose may be closer to the camera and the hunter further back and slightly below the level of the moose. The photo is then taken with a camera that allows both subjects to be in focus. This would decrease the apparent distance between the subjects and make the moose appear larger than the hunter.

This is akin to the trick photo that we all have where a kid holds his hand up to measure the height of some mountain or massive tree that is far in the distance.

Just my $0.02

I think it's real. An already massive animal enhanced by the photo set-up/angles. The moose's nose and near tines are probably at least six feet closer to the camera than the hunter.

I'd love to see more pic's and get the full story.

Back