moose milk ?

rebs

How long can you store moose milk ? Using it for ball patches I mix 1 part ballistol, 1part murphy's oil soap and 12 parts water which makes 14 oz. It will take a long time to use it all, so how long can it be stored ?

I've stored moose's milk for over two years with no ills.

Keep in mind the Muphrys Oil is soap and should fight bacteriums and viral agents.

Neither Muphrys nor Ballistol should turn rancid either.

My guess?

That meese milk will stay good for a loooooong time pard.

Well I'll be danged. I do indeed learn something new every day. Moose Milk!

Moose milk is the best patch lube and barrel cleaner I have used.
I part Ballistol, 1 part murphy's oil soap and 12 parts water.
Spray your patch squeeze out the excess with your thumb and load it up. Also works great as a barrel cleaner.

I part Ballistol, 1 part murphy's oil soap and 12 parts water.
Spray your patch squeeze out the excess with your thumb and load it up. Also works great as a barrel cleaner.
Not all meese milk is the same. Just a catch all term for a usually aqua based formula for out sport.

Naaaahh....
rax3yo.jpg

Both machinist's cutting oil and Ballistol is designed to form an emulsion with water. Emulsions look like milk hence the term "moose milk". In fact, milk itself is an emulsion.

Acidify some moose milk with vinegar or something similar and it de-emulsifies, the oil coming out of emulsion and separating from the water, just like milk does when bacteria form lactic acid in sour milk.

Yes, I tried it just to see if it was true.

Back