Monster Bucks XIV

hpg

Well my oldest son purchased the new Realtree Monster Bucks XIV and I must say that I'm disappointed this year. For the past 2 or 3 years there has been an archery tournment with Foxworthy and the guy with the bow/fishing pole combo. Neither one is on there this year. Jordan, Blanton and Waddell don't even have a bow contest between themselves this year.

And what the hell is with this music as the deer approaches? I think it's stupid, yes I know it's supposed to add suspense to the moment. But every time I turn my music on the damn deer runs off. :confused: hpg:eek: :D

I think you've hit it right on the head. I've noticed for years that while listening to the football games in my stand, the deer run off when I jump up and start singing Boomer Sooner.

Been wondering for years why they do that. Must be the dang radio.:D

The deer in my area are really attracted to Willie Nelson. had a monster 10 point come right on in to "Blue eyes cryin in the rain" last year.

Sometimes when I spot a deer I bring up my gun, get it in my sights and yell "Hey yall watch this!"
It usually runs off and I look like a fool. :mad: ;)

firstfreedom that cant be real its too damn funny. did you write for them. if its true have them send it to cali i guess i can try somthing other than coors for once.

That would be my brother. We're big Sooner fans and he came up with this idea, and made it into reality. He's doing in part for fun, but he stands to make some money on it too - and of course that's the main point. If things go as planned for him, you will see "[insert your football/basketball/baseball rivalry team name here] Sux" Beer in your neck of the woods one of these days.

To keep it hunting related somewhat, this, along with having 3 kids and a demanding job, would be why my brother never goes hunting with me. :(

firstfreedom that cant be real its too damn funny. did you write for them.
Thank you; I'll pass that along to him. No I didn't write it - this is all my brother's doing - I particularly like the Matthew McConaghay & Genhis Khan quotes about the beer. If you didn't know, Matthew is a huge Univ. of Texas booster/fan.

Anybody that wants to, in any state, can order their gear right here:

http://www.suxbeer.com/store.html

Oh, it's real alright. I've bought it myself from the liquor stores and imbibed some. I don't care for it really, but most people like the beer.

I like the complaint part. Try to file a complaint and follow it through. Hilarious.

I haven't laughed that hard since hunting camp.(wink wink)

They call the big guy in the videos T-bone, but his real name is travis. He runs a bow proshop in georgia, and really know his stuff when it comes to archery. His shooting is really no joke too, the guy is good. That old Fred Bear bow has sights but he doesnt use them. Anyway he probably knows the real tree folks from doing thier bows, but I cant help but wonder why he isnt still in the videos eather. Maybee they felt the turnament was getting old. Who knows.

Back